Books, Sites & Multimedia
Some Interesting Choices to Check Out.
Active Community Strategy Guide
This extensive guide was developed for the Alberta Recreation and Parks Association Active Community Strategy initiative that took place in 2010-2013. It includes four sections. The first is for those interested in increasing physical activity in their community: citizens, community leaders and organizations. It provides reasons why your community will want to develop an Active Community Strategy, information about what an Active Community Strategy is, and introduces how the strategy will get more people, more active, more often. The second section introduces and explains the Active Community Strategy Model. The content in this section is the basis for strategy development and action. If you are a community leader, citizen, facilitator working with communities or provincial leader, this section is for you. The third focuses on community process. It is a facilitator guide meant to assist leaders and facilitators who are working with communities to build an Active Community Strategy. And the final section includes a variety of tools and resources that support building an Active Community Strategy.
Contact us to order your e-copy.
$5.00 plus GST.
For an extra $5.00 we will mail you a copy on a portable jumpdrive as pictured above.
Interested in 'RECkless abandon?'
NOW AVAILABLE in print and ebook version.
The first book in a Creative Connections Series; bits and pieces, pictures and quotes about play and creativity meant to start a conversation and urge continued action.
Contact us to order your copy.
Also available on Amazon.ca at:
$20.00 plus GST and shipping.
$5.00 plus GST (e-book).
- Exploiting Chaos, Jeremy Gutsche
- In Praise of Slow, Carl Honore
- The Art of Travel, Allain De Botton
- Soul of Money, Lynne Twist
- Vision Quest, Cori Ellingson
- Women Who Run With Wolves, Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- The Underdog, Joshua Davis
- High-Impact Consulting, Robert H. Schaffer
- The World in Six Songs, Daniel J. Levitin
- The Artists Way, Julia Cameron
- The 4 Hour Work Week, Timothy Ferriss
Sites & Sounds:
- TED.com - inspiring new ideas
- Buddha Lounge Series - Music
Email us at:
...or call Karen Driedger directly at: