Recent Projects, Presentations and Awards
- Make Shift Happen: A Community Crime Prevention and Community Well-Being Initiative in The Pas, Manitoba, Opaskwayak Cree Nation and the RM of Kelsey. Monthly updates available. The latest November update, October update, September update. We've done some research into Promising Crime Prevention Strategies, have a look. See the latest Powerpoint on Crime Prevention Strategies featuring The Pas and area. Our creative team has been writing stories to increase awareness. Make Shift Happen, Why? is an article that explains more. The first published article 'We Create Cool' I wrote to get things started. The rest Denise Duncan has written and have been published in Opasquia Times and or on our Facebook page 'Make Shift Happen @tricommunityawareness : SCAN, Sam Waller Museum, Denise's Spark, Anger Solutions, What a Wonderful World, We area a Team, The Pas Immigrant Services, Storytellers Film Festival, Stay Safe Badge Campaign, Round the Bend Farm, OCN Gardens, Parades, Oscar's Place, Mino Pimatisiwin, Mindfulness in Education, Mental Health Stigma, Men's Support Group, Living Waters Soup Kitchen and Northern Gateway Chaplaincy, Jr. Chief and Council, Grief Edu-Therapy, Disc Golf: A Walk in the Park, Citizens on Patrol: Eyes and ears of community, The Pas Bear Clan, Fall Prevention Program, The Pas Handi-van: an essential service, Pauline Ballantyne, Nisiiminan Safe Rides, The Pas Friendship Centre Food Security, Unleash Solutions, Precious Pets, Rhonda Head, Childhood Reflections, Music - Soothing the Human Soul, I Came for the Job, Silver Linings (written by Tara Manych), WUC, Looking Out Our Backdoor, Mind Shift - FASD Coalition (written by Joanne Wyman), Trapper Spirit, Truth, Charity and Loving Kindness, Rotarians, Creating Community, Dr Banks, Superheroes, Danielle Geddes, Skatepark, Small Town Mayor, Danny Halpin, Canadian Mental Health, Perchaluk Apiaries, Golden Agers,
- I wrote my story Dhaka to The Pas, How'd I get here?
- Make Shift Happen Radio clips: Denise Duncan, Nicole Tornquist, Paulette Aamott, Rhonda Head, Adrianna Sawchyn, Andrew Legeny, Bonnie Meadows, Sharain Jones, Shawn Sexsmith, Tara Manych, Dean Zorn, Doug Bartlett, Russell Thorne, Sam Meggs, Santana Scott,
- Make Shift Happen: Reflective Conversations in October 2020 on Process to learn from for the rest of the initiative and the second Reflective Conversations Report in June 2021 which reveals observations of the overall initiatives from tri-community members.
- Here's the year 2 report for Make Shift Happen and the Addendum which includes the Appendices and References.
- And for MSH a Briefing notes on homelessness
- "Listen" a youth documentary by c'ant studio productions, looks at how youth in the tri-community see the future of Opaskwayak Cree Nation, RM of Kelsey and the town of The Pas
- Trauma Training Opportunity
- DRAFT Tri-community Assets Map Aug 2021
- Nuit Blanche live at Studio One28: An evening at Clearwater Lake, Manitoba to expose people to various forms of art and creativity including a sculpture garden, uncommon artisan sale, live art, music, poetry, Flatlander Cider tasting, appetizers, outdoor movie & more.
- Culture Casting: Community sculpture initiatives such as: One Community Spirit - in The Pas, OCN, RM of Kelsey 230 fingers and copper transformed to unleash the areas community spirit
- Collective Impact Alberta (CIA): Key Alberta players coming together to "Create a Culture of Wellness" We're making shift happen!
- Strategy Development: Active Community Strategy, Alberta Recreation and Parks Association, and strategic planning retreats for various not for profit organizations/businesses
- fourward thinking Innovations (workshops, initiatives, resources, shows and more): WO!MAN! Gathering for the Best of Both, HA! Helpers Anonymous, Lead with Creative Intention, RECkless abandon, Showgirl Trapped in a Librarian's Body, and more to come.
- Workshop Facilitation: Alberta FCSS Directors Network, Alberta 55 Plus, Calgary Winter Club
- Planning: Eckville Community Recreation Plan, Pimichikamak Cree Nation Community Recreation Plan
- Community Development: The Pas and Area, Manitoba- Sparking Community Spirit, an experiential initiative to inspire and activate community. North Central Calgary: Connecting Community, People and Places. ACE Coach - ACE Communities (Active Creative Engaged) - Alberta Recreation and Parks Association
- Curriculum development, face to face and online program and course design: Mount Royal University, University of Regina, Universtiy College of the North, ARPA
- Program coordination, implementation & training: Alberta Cancer Board, Nor-Man Health Region
- Facilitation: National Recreation Summit, Inspiring Education, Alberta Innovates Health Solutions, GP Community Safety
- Entrepreneurial instruction: Mount Royal University, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, University of Regina, University College of the North
- National Restorative Justice Symposium - Whose Responsibility is it? Using Community Development and Recreation as a Component of Restorative Justice
- Alberta Recreation and Parks Association Conference - Lead with Creative Intention Workshop
- Rimbey Women's Conference - Keynote: Walk this Way!
- Communities ChooseWell - Keynote Success Travels
- Grande Prairie Multiplex - WOWposium Customer Service Keynote
- Canmore Economic Development Authority - Lunch and Learn: In Search of the Holy Grail: Exploring Monty Python and the Dalai Lama to build meaningful relationships for business and beyond.
- Tapestry of Women - Mangi La Vita! Eat Life - Keynote
- Southern Chapter Occupational Health Nurses - Keynote
- Cardel Place Board - Keynote: The Quest
- City of Calgary - Advanced Facilitation, Leading with Creative Intention workshops
- Canmore Life Fest - Keynote: RECkless Abandon
- Okotoks & Irricana Women’s Wellness Conferences - Keynote: Showgirl Trapped as a Librarian? Run Wild with Wolves
- Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) presenter - Teaching beyond Content: The Soul of Instruction
- Alberta White Hat Award Winner, 2006
Email us at:
...or call Karen Driedger directly at: