What People are saying about fourward thinking.
- "I was one of the participants in Leading with Creative Intention at ARPA. What a fantastic experience! It was the beginning of a series of events and a-ha moments that made the ARPA conference one of the best conferences I have been to in my career; on both a personal and professional level. Had it not been for your session, I am certain I would not have dressed up in my ‘50’s outfit... I arrived at the conference super hesitant to wear and prior to your session convinced myself, I do not have the guts to do it. The assumptions component of your session, essentially changed all of that. Thank goodness. My costume was a hit. [It] helped break down the “how do I meet people” barrier (I am a strong introvert, which no one really believes) and presented a great opportunity for the only Saskatchewan participant to meet an entire new group of recreation and parks professionals. I landed in the group of “terminal seriousness” participants...a constant reminder that if you deal with assumptions, anything is possible." Nancy Johnson, City of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- “Karen facilitated a Board Development workshop for our group in the Fall of 2008. From the 32 people in attendance, I heard nothing but rave reviews for Karen and the job she did. She was extremely well prepared (after only a couple short meetings with me prior to the event) and the 2 days were not only extremely enjoyable, but very efficient and worthwhile. Her best trait seemed to be her ability to read the crowd and adapt on the fly – never letting the sessions get monotonous or boring. Many people remarked what a ‘breath of fresh air’ she was, and that her energetic attitude rubbed off on all of us. After the retreat, her services were immediately booked for our next workshop in 2010, which we are all looking forward to. I highly recommend Karen and her services to any group looking for excellence!" Chad Monner, Alberta 55 Plus, Calgary, AB
“The impact Karen has had on my life is amazing. She has opened my eyes by challenging me to look at things in a different way.” Sean, Calgary, AB
“Karen possesses a strong knowledge base, excellent communication skills, and a definite passion for life and learning. She exudes enthusiasm in everything she does…both personally, and professionally! In my experience as her supervisor, she demonstrated the virtues of integrity, honesty, dedication and diligence. She was able to work independently and was highly respected by her students and fellow colleagues. Karen would be a valued asset to your department, and to [the] College. I strongly encourage you hire her!!” Barb McLeod, The Pas, MB
- “You have such a great presence and have the ability to take each moment or situation as it comes and bring it to life” Susan, Carstairs, AB
“Ms. Driedger is a very capable individual who is recognized by her peers, faculty members and professional colleagues as an individual with great potential for contribution in her work environment and beyond. Her numerous involvements in research, internships and teaching and program development have demonstrated consistent excellence in her performance. She has also received scholarships and awards based on her academic performance. I have known of Ms. Driedger for a number of years (15+) and have worked with her in the role of supervisor, and colleague for the past three years. …
The cultural diversity working with a variety of aboriginal and non-aboriginal communities demonstrated her capacity to work and adapt as necessary in respect of the community needs. Karen’s skill in working with a variety of diverse individuals and groups has been very evident throughout this process.” Dr Ralph Nilson, President and Vice-Chancellor of Vancouver Island University.
Student comments from various online and face to face University courses:
“I really appreciate the constructive feedback on every one of my assignments and she always mentions to give our opinion.”
"Our instructor is always encouraging us to think about, discuss, and explore different topics. She has very interesting class notes and good assignment topics. She also responds back very quickly to us regarding our assignments or questions."
"kind, gentle, careful, easy to ask questions. The links in each unit are good. She is an excellent professor. I really like this course.”
- “The students have raved about [Karen’s] infectious personality and dedication to the Effective Communication and Leadership Development courses. She … has been a great addition to the PFT team!” Tammy Cross, Program Coordinator, Mount Royal College
- "Do I ever miss you, your smile, your energy and your great attitude! You were the best boss at Talisman Centre!" Susan Wing, Calgary, AB
“She is inspiring, forward-looking, honest, enthusiastic, creditable, and nurturing. Besides all of these leadership qualities there is more to her. She is so passionate about what she does, she taught not from any textbook but through her heart and soul.
As the Collaborator she created an environment where she shared her vulnerability, encouraged trust and built relationships with her students. As you can see it’s false to say that she only had on style because she had so many qualities. The style I admired most in her was the Conceiver. She motivated her students, developed strategies and even shared a few of her own visions. She was so passionate at what she did; she inspired me be dream to create my own vision and future.
I experienced first hand the development of a team she was able to create. All of her classes were not only challenging by education standards, but she also allowed her classroom to be a testing ground. A testing ground for anything her students needed or wanted to learn. At first her students felt vulnerable, but as the time went on each student learned more about them selves then any text book could have taught. Her students gained confidence not only within themselves, but confidence as a team; a team that could embark on any challenge they were faced with.
From what has been written you can tell that this woman has truly inspired me. She has taught me such valuable information that I will carry for a lift time. My teacher inspired her students because she taught and lived through her heart. Her passion exudes from her soul. I will be forever grateful for having been one of her students.” Shannon Hauck, Calgary, AB
Email us at:
...or call Karen Driedger directly at: